The rules for this challenge are:
Any book related to France
- it can be set in France
- written by a French author
- written in French, by authors from any country
- about a French theme: French cuisine, French fashion, etc.
- it can be a book counted for another challenge
All genres are accepted
All media is accepted
LEVEL 1: "un peu" = 3 books
LEVEL 2: "beaucoup" = 6 books
LEVEL 3: "passionément = 12 books
LEVEL 4: "doublement passionément" = 24 books
LEVEL 5: "a la foile" = 52 books
Please see her post for details about a special giveaway!
I will go for LEVEL 1, because I'm not sure if I will make LEVEL 2 but I will give it a try.
1. Son Excellence, Eugène Rougon - Émile Zola
2. Candide - Voltaire
3. Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert
4. La Curée - Émile Zola
5. La Parure (The Necklace) - Guy de Maupassant (en français)
In addition to Zola, I am going to try to read at least one book in French in 2014, possibly two. Sadly I am going to make them children's books, because my French needs serious review. My choices are: