And the rules:
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you've got left to read from your Classics Club list.
- Post that list, numbered 1 - 20, on your blog by next Monday.
- Monday morning, we'll announce a number from 1 - 20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
- The challenge is to read that book by July 7th.
I used the random list organizer here to choose the 20 books from my master list. So my list ended up looking like this:
- Oedipus at Colonus (406 B.C.) - Sophocles
- Swann's Way (1913) - Marcel Proust
- Tartuffe (1669) - Molière
- The Canterbury Tales (1390s??) - Geoffrey Chaucer
- Le Rêve (1888) - Emile Zola
- The Well at the World's End (1896) - William Morris
- The Small House at Allington (1864) - Anthony Trollope
- O Pioneers! (1913) - Willa Cather
- Henry IV Part I (1597) - William Shakespeare
- The Man Who Was Thursday (1908) - G.K. Chesterton
- The Silver Chalice (1952) - Thomas Costain
- The Praise of Folly (1509) - Erasmus
- The Custom of the Country (1913) - Edith Wharton
- Pericles, Prince of Tyre (1607 - 1608) - William Shakespeare
- We (1921) - Yevgeny Zamyatin
- Persuasion (1818) - Jane Austen
- Lives (75) - Plutarch
- War and Peace (1869) - Leo Tolstoy
- Henry V (1599) - William Shakespeare
- The Pickwick Papers (1836 - 1837) - Charles Dickens
Five Books I'm Hesitant to Read
1. Swann's Way - Marcel Proust
2. Lives - Plutarch
3. The Cantebury Tales - Chaucer
Five Books I Can't Wait to Read
1. The Man Who Was Thursday - G.K. Chesterton
2. Persuasion - Jane Austen
3. Pericles, Prince of Tyre - Shakespeare
4. The Custom of the Country - Edith Wharton
5. War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy (to finish it!)