Thursday 10 October 2013

30 DAY CHALLENGE - Day 10

Day 10 - A Book That Reminds You of Home




I have basically lived in one place all of my life.  Perhaps this is why I like reading books which have vastly different settings compared to my hometown.  So, wracking my brains, I could only come up with The Backwoods of Canada by Catherine Parr Traill



Set in the bush near Peterborough, Ontario, it is the story of a woman pioneer in early Canada.  The stories that she relates of her adventures and struggles, as she and her husband attempt to build a life in the backwoods of their new country, are truly fascinating.  Her positive attitude and ability to tackle troubles head on, made me admire her fortitude!

This book doesn't exactly remind me of where I live but it gave me a connection to my country's past, which is valuable in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment