Saturday 5 October 2013

TBR Challenge - Checking In

2013 TBR CHALLENGE


I don't know why it is so hard for me to read books which are sitting on my bookshelves.  They stare at me as if begging me to read them.  I am continually reminded of their presence.  Almost all of them are well-written classics or near-classics, yet I often choose a book that I don't own.  Enter the TBR challenge.

Last year I read 34 books from my shelves; this year I have no idea how many I've read so I thought it would be a good idea to check in with myself!  This is the list so far:



  1.  The Divine Comedy - Dante
  2.  Cautionary Tales for Children - Hillaire Belloc
  3.  Sir Gawain & the Green Knight
  4.  Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
  5.  At the Back of the North Wind - George MacDonald
  6.  Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery
  7.  Anne of Avonlea - L.M. Montgomery
  8.  I Capture the Castle - Dodie Smith
  9.  Middlemarch - George Eliot
10.  Moonfleet - John Meade Faulkner
11.  Anne of the Island - L.M. Montgomery
12.  Anne of the Windy Poplars - L.M. Montgomery
13.  Anne's House of Dreams - L.M. Montgomery
14.  Vanity Fair - William Makepeace Thackeray
15.  Anne of Ingleside - L.M. Montgomery
16.  The Black Tulip - Alexandre Dumas
17.  Rainbow Valley - L.M. Montgomery
18.  Dombey and Son - Charles Dickens
19.  Beowulf

Hmmmm ........... not quite the same pace as last year but I am glad I'm getting through all the "Anne" books, of which previously, I had only read the first two.  In any case, it's a much better pace than the approximately 4 per year which I used to cover.  I'm impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment