Rules for the challenge:
~ During the month of January, read as many Children's Classics as you
wish and post about them on your blog and/or leave a comment on the
event page on Amanda's blog. She will have a link page starting the first
of the year to gather posts so that we may share as we go.
~ The optional RAL title: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum.
She plans on discussion the weekend of January 24-26.
~ Use your own judgement for what fits the category but here are some
* Read books prior to 1963.
* Books appropriate for approximately an elementary-school aged
child or preteen including fairy tales.
* Feel free to included books from any country, in translation or not.
* Feel free to double up with other events or challenges if you wish.
~ There is no deadline for joining or participating (except, of course, the end
Most important: Have Fun!
I will start my list here and hope to get at least 2 - 4 done by the end of the month:
1. The Wizard of Oz - L. Frank Baum
2. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis
3. Once and Future King - T.H. White
4. Prince Caspian - C.S. Lewis
Breton Children Reading by Emile Vernon