Tuesday 30 December 2014

TBR Pile Challenge Wrap-up 2014



Okay, this was quite possibly my worst challenge of the year.  But expected it to be my worst challenge, so that's alright .........  I think ............

Of the twelve books, I managed to finish ten.

 1.  Defense Speeches by Cicero  August 20, 2014

  2.  Le Morte d'Arthur by Thomas Mallory  December 6, 2014

  3.  Frankenstein by Mary Shelley   April 4, 2014

  4.  The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis   June 15, 2014

  5.  The Epic of Gilgamesh  August 14, 2014

  6.  Stories from the East from Herodotus by Alfred J. Church


  7.  The Sayings of the Desert Fathers  August 25, 2014

  8.  Tom Brown's School Days by Thomas Hughes


  9.  Socrates by Paul Johnson


10.  Daniel Deronda by George Eliot  February 24, 2014

11.  Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow by Jerome K. Jerome  December 29, 2014

12.  The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton  August 20, 2014

And my alternates:

1.  Allegory of Love by C.S. Lewis

2.  Oedipus Rex/Oepidus at Colonus/Antigone by Sophocles  December 28, 2014


If I really wanted to, I could try to power through Socrates and Stories from the East in the next few days, but I don't.  I'm done.

My 2015 TBR Pile list is much more focused so I'm hoping for more success then.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Meanwhile, you finished a lot. Say it with a positive swing and a grin, friend! You did great! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your fresh, cheery outlook, Marianne! I think I did well, all things considered. :-)

      Delete
  2. I think you did very well, too!

    Tom Brown's School Days is on my 2015 TBR :)

    And I LOVE Idle Thoughts! My favourite of his! Ah, I must re-read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I'll move Tom Brown to 2015 too.

      Idle Thoughts had me laughing so hard! I need to get ahold of a few more of his essays.

      Delete